Congratulations you have completed this tutorial.
You can download a certificate for this tutorial via the links below.Download Certificate Download Certificate (with notes)
Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Workplace Behaviour and Skills tutorial on Human factors.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe how latent and active failures within the healthcare system impact on patient safety (Reason’s model)
- describe your own personality type and use this to help you prepare to teach human factors concepts to others
- deliver simulation and debrief in human factors and non-technical skills
- apply techniques to maintain situational awareness
- communicate effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team
- describe methods of appropriate graded assertiveness when a patient safety issue has been identified
- describe unconscious and cognitive biases that affect human performance
- recognise effective multidisciplinary teamwork and the use of shared mental models
- demonstrate knowledge and effects of human error and violation on patient safety outcomes
- demonstrate insight and understanding into the psychological theories on how we make decisions under pressure.