Management of lower urinary tract dysfunction
You can access the Management of lower urinary tract dysfunction tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe the initial management of patients prior to urodynamic assessment (which, according to NICE guidelines, will be carried out by GPs)
- describe the role and technique of conservative measures and how these should be explained to patients
- describe the role of continence advisors and specialist physiotherapists
- describe the role of medication in the management of lower urinary tract symptoms
- describe the range of surgical measures for stress incontinence, with emphasis on midurethral tapes
- describe the modern surgical measures for detrusor overactivity, including botulinum toxin A bladder wall injection and neuromodulation, with an awareness of more traditional surgical procedures
- describe the management of other conditions, such as voiding dysfunction and fistula.