The postpartum period
You can access the The postpartum period tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial, you will be able to:
- describe the normal physiological, anatomical and psychological changes in the puerperium
- recognise the role of other health professionals in the care of the postpartum woman
- describe the onset and maintenance of lactation and how to manage some common problems
- perform a 6-week postnatal check and discuss suitable contraceptive options with the mother
- give advice about common problems in the puerperium.