Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Core Knowledge tutorial on Clinical governance.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- define how clinical governance should lead to quality improvement within a compassionate framework by supporting and empowering colleagues to practice the values of the NHS
- describe the different aspects of clinical governance as a platform for continuous improvement of patient centred services
- explain the purposes and methods of risk management in the NHS
- describe the application of the audit cycle
- outline the process for developing and applying clinical guidelines
- understand the use of peer review, multidisciplinary analysis and patient concerns to improve leaning by promoting transparency when assessing incidents
- describe how the NHS deals with complaints about its services
- understand the relationship between the service inspection by the care quality commission and clinical governance.