Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Core Knowledge tutorial on Perinatal mental health.
When you have completed this tutorial, you will be able to:
- explain the normal changes in mood that can occur following childbirth
- describe the clinical characteristics of the different psychiatric conditions that occur in pregnancy and the postpartum period
- describe the management of serious psychiatric disorders through pregnancy and the postnatal period including the options for treatments in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- identify the risks associated with psychiatric disorders
- understand the need for multidisciplinary working and a close relationship between obstetric and perinatal mental health services.