You can access the Haematological disorders tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe the aetiology and the maternal and fetal effects of anaemia in pregnancy
- describe how to detect and manage anaemia antenatally
- describe the aetiology and diagnosis of haemoglobinopathies in pregnancy
- describe the implications for, and management in pregnancy, of thalassaemias and sickle cell disease
- describe the normal mechanism of coagulation and how this alters in pregnancy
- conduct prenatal counselling and the subsequent management of those women with inherited bleeding disorders
- manage the antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum care of a women with a previous thromboembolism or with an inherited thrombophilia
- diagnose and treat a thromboembolic event in pregnancy.