Diabetes and other endocrinopathies
You can access the Diabetes and other endocrinopathies tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to describe:
- type 1 and type 2 pre-existing diabetes and gestational diabetes
- how to care for women with diabetes in the antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum periods
- the physiological changes to maternal pituitary hormones in pregnancy
- prolactinoma, hypopituitarism, acromegaly, Cushing syndrome and diabetes insipidus in pregnancy
- the physiological changes to maternal adrenal hormones in pregnancy
- Addison's disease, acute adrenal failure, congenital adrenal hyperplasia and pheochromocytoma in pregnancy
- the physiological changes to maternal and fetal thyroid hormones in pregnancy
- the maternal and fetal risks associated with thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- the assessment, antibodies and therapy for thyroid dysfunction in pregnancy.