Obstetric analgesia and anaesthesia
You can access the Obstetric analgesia and anaesthesia tutorial for just £48.00 inc VAT. UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the types and methods of action of analgesic drugs available for use in labour and delivery, and their indications and contraindications
- understand the types and methods of action of regional anaesthetics and pudendal nerve block as well as their indications and contraindications in labour and delivery
- advise women on pain relief for labour and delivery
- recognise and help manage complications of anaesthetics and analgesics including cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, aspiration and drug reactions
- understand the process and the potential difficulties of obstetric general anaesthetic
- liaise effectively with anaesthetists.
£48.00 inc VAT