Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Core Knowledge tutorial on Introduction to emergency situations.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe the physiological changes in pregnancy and the effect on resuscitation
- describe resuscitation of pregnant women and modifications to CPR
- have knowledge of the causes of maternal collapse and their management
- identify shoulder dystocia and describe the manouveres to overcome shoulder dystocia
- appreciate the risk factors for cord prolapse and its management.