Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Core Knowledge tutorial on Gynaecological emergencies.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the epidemiology, aetiology, biological behaviour, pathophysiology, clinical characteristics, prognostic features and management of emergency gynaecological problems
- understand the role of ultrasound in the diagnosis and monitoring of women in the emergency gynaecological setting
- perform or instigate appropriate investigations
- perform a comprehensive gynaecological examination
- demonstrate competency in the laparoscopic management in the emergency gynaecology situation and in management of other common gynaecological emergencies
- counsel patients sensitively about their condition and prognosis in the emergency gynaecology setting
- explain the nature, complications and side effects of emergency medical and surgical treatments.