Welcome to the RCOG eLearning Core Knowledge tutorial on Early pregnancy loss - trophoblast diseases.
When you have completed this tutorial you should:
- have a comprehensive knowledge of the terminology, epidemiology, genetics, clinical presentation and ultrasound diagnosis of GTD
- have an awareness of differences in histopathology and genetics in relation to GTD
- understand the preference for treatment by surgical uterine evacuation
- understand the need for registration of GTN with trophoblastic screening centre (assuming UK-based practice)
- have an overview of the indications for chemotherapy for GTD
- have an overview of FIGO prognostic and anatomical staging systems, low- and high-risk classification and monochemotherapy versus multiple-drug chemotherapy regimens
- have a comprehensive understanding of contraception and advice regarding future pregnancies in women with previous molar disease and how this varies if chemotherapy was required.