Abnormal uterine bleeding
You can access the Abnormal uterine bleeding tutorial for just £48.00 inc VAT. UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of AUB terminology and the FIGO classification system (PALM-COEIN) for causes of AUB and understand the risks and benefits of treatment options
- identify ‘red flag’ features requiring secondary care referral
- describe the principles of uterine and endometrial assessment using pelvic ultrasound, endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy and identify the indications for using other imaging modalities in selected groups
- interpret the hierarchical three-step treatment approach for HMB
- recognise the risks and benefits of: operative hysteroscopic procedures, endometrial ablation, uterine artery embolisation and MRI-guided focused ultrasound ablation
- counsel women on treatment options explaining the nature, risks and benefits of medical and surgical treatments
- recognise the need for appropriate referral for more complex cases for detailed evaluation
- use appropriate referral pathways and local protocols if AUB or abnormal findings are identified.
£48.00 inc VAT