Supportive, palliative and end-of-life care
You can access the Supportive, palliative and end-of-life care tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- create an individualised emergency care and treatment plan for someone with irreversible disease as part of advanced care planning
- recognise common symptoms (disease related / complications of surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy) in gynaecological malignancy and describe how to initiate appropriate investigations / treatment for symptom control
- discuss psychological, social and spiritual concerns with women
- list who to involve in care from community services and volunteer networks and know when to seek specialist palliative care advice
- describe best practice for caring for people in the last days of life, including anticipatory prescribing of appropriate medications.