Principles of chemotherapy
You can access the Principles of chemotherapy tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- explain the meaning of commonly used oncology terms
- perform an assessment of how suitable a person is for chemotherapy treatment
- assess radiological response to chemotherapy
- calculate the dose of chemotherapy (please not this is beyond the level required for the Part 2 MRCOG)
- list the common toxicities of chemotherapy and explain how they are managed
- describe the mode of action, side effects and administration of the main chemotherapy drugs used in gynaecological cancer
- define the role of chemotherapy in epithelial ovarian, germ cell ovarian, endometrial, uterine sarcoma, cervical, vulval and fallopian tube cancer.