Welcome to the RCOG Core Knowledge tutorial on Principles of ultrasound.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- apply ultrasound physics principles to optimise the ultrasound image
- obtain an accurate maternal history
- describe what information is required from an early pregnancy ultrasound and the limitations of this scan
- confirm intrauterine pregnancy
- confirm fetal viability
- use ultrasound to confirm miscarriage
- determine the number of gestations
- describe how to perform measurements for basic assessment of early pregnancy
- describe how to perform measurements for basic assessment of fetal size, liquor and the placenta.