Sickle cell disease
You can access the Sickle cell disease tutorial for just £48.00 inc VAT. UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the prevalence of SCD and its pathogenesis
- understand the impact of SCD on pregnancy
- offer preconception counselling and refer woman for preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- care for a woman with SCD as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT) and manage acute complications
- be the first port of call for the MDT and liaise with regional centres to manage complications (including vaso-occlusive crisis, haematinic and transfusion therapy) in women with SCD.
£48.00 inc VAT