Sickle cell disease
Access to this tutorial is restricted. If you believe that you should have access to this resource, please email the StratOG team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the prevalence of SCD and its pathogenesis
- understand the impact of SCD on pregnancy
- offer preconception counselling and refer woman for preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- care for a woman with SCD as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT) and manage acute complications
- be the first port of call for the MDT and liaise with regional centres to manage complications (including vaso-occlusive crisis, haematinic and transfusion therapy) in women with SCD.