Pelvic inflammatory disease
You can access the Pelvic inflammatory disease tutorial for just £48.00 inc VAT. UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- provide an overview of PID and consider the aetiology and pathophysiology of PID in order to completely understand the long-term sequelae of the disease
- clinically assess women presenting with symptoms suggestive of acute PID and the investigations that would support the diagnosis
- manage PID with an emphasis on when laparoscopy is indicated and when operative interventions may be required
- counsel women and their partners about PID, the importance of treatment compliance and the long-term complications that may arise
- understand the follow-up and future planning in women treated as outpatients and those with severe disease.
£48.00 inc VAT