Access to this tutorial is restricted. If you believe that you should have access to this resource, please email the StratOG team (email@example.com).
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the pathophysiological changes caused by sepsis
- understand the common causes of sepsis and organisms involved in obstetrics and gynaecology
- identify signs and symptoms of the sepsis spectrum based on pathophysiological changes, and to differentiate from the diseases mimicking the clinical picture
- recognise progression of infection towards severe sepsis and septic shock through available tools, such as the modified early obstetric warning systems (MEOWS), and instigate preventative measures
- lead resuscitation for patients with septic shock, including fluid therapy and other hemodynamic support
- start appropriate management in line with international guidelines for treating severe sepsis and septic shock including antibiotics and a review of the evidence base
- understand the role of multidisciplinary team working and effective communication to optimise the patient outcome.