Management of non-tubal ectopic pregnancies
You can access the Pregnancy of unknown location tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- define PUL and its subsequent pregnancy outcomes
- assess women with PUL, including any risk factors for ectopic and the atypical/non-gynaecological signs and symptoms
- interpret various investigations including transvaginal ultrasound scans, serum β-hCG levels, serum progesterone levels, serial β-hCG ratios and mathematical models in the investigation of PULs
- manage various outcomes/definitive diagnoses of PUL including ectopic pregnancy, intrauterine pregnancy or miscarriage and ‘persistent PUL’, understanding how to balance safety and intervention in the different management options
- recognise current strategies in management options of ectopic pregnancies, including expectant, medical and surgical, their indications, success rates, follow-up and future fertility including details e.g. salpingostomy versus salpingectomy
- management options for the rarer non-tubal ectopic pregnancies – conservative, minimally invasive and surgical options; their risks, complications, follow-up and associated future fertility
- gain information about the most up-to-date relevant published evidence.