Trainees remaining on the Pre-August 2019 Curriculum
Trainees remaining on the old curriculum will need to meet the requirements of the 2018-2019 Training matrix.
They should complete the Pre-2019 Advanced Competencies Form:
- at present, this must be created by the trainee’s assigned Educational Supervisor (we will be introducing the ability for trainees to create this form in the coming weeks)
- the supervisor does this by going into their own profile page, then selecting “Additional forms” > “Create Pre-2019 Advanced Competencies Form”
- further information on this can also be found in Implementation note 8 on the RCOG website.
They should also complete the Pre-2019 Educational Supervisor’s Report (ESR):
- as above, this must be created by the trainee’s assigned Educational Supervisor
- the supervisor does this by going into their own profile page, then selecting “Additional forms” > “Create Pre-2019 Supervisor’s Report”
- information regarding new ATSM CiP assessments should be added as free text to this form, within the ATSM section.
Trainees on the Post-August 2019 Curriculum
The majority of trainees will have transferred to the Post-August 2019 curriculum and will need to meet the requirements of the 2019-2020 Training matrix.
Detailed information and guidance on completion of the new curriculum is available on the RCOG website:
- The Curriculum 2019 hub - this is an excellent source of information on the new curriculum, containing key documents and resources, implementation updates and information on the background and context to the curriculum change
- FAQs on the new ePortfolio and curriculum.
They should also complete the New Annual Educational Supervisor’s Report (ESR). The RCOG has created a guide on creating and completing the ESR on the new ePortfolio, which is accessible here.
Important points to note
- All necessary CiP assessments, WPBAs, log entries, etc. must be completed before the ESR is created – existing draft ESR forms will not auto-populate with any of these items that are completed subsequent to ESR creation
- The ESR has a trainee > supervisor > trainee workflow which must be followed, detailed in the guidance – failure to follow this workflow correctly will lock the form and prevent further data entry, and it is not possible for the RCOG to reverse this process at present.