Prevention of shoulder dystocia
You can access the Introduction to emergency situations tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe the physiological changes in pregnancy and the effect on resuscitation
- describe resuscitation of pregnant women and modifications to CPR
- have knowledge of the causes of maternal collapse and their management
- identify shoulder dystocia and describe the manouveres to overcome shoulder dystocia
- appreciate the risk factors for cord prolapse and its management.