- In the disposable gown pack, there will be two paper towels, one for each hand and arm
- Step back from the trolley and open the towel out fully, dry one hand with one half, fold over and continue down from the wrist to elbow in a patting circular motion, do not rub up and down the arm
- The discard towel in the appropriate waste bin
- Repeat drying method on the other hand
- Care must be taken when drying hands that the towel does not come into contact with the theatre suite attire
- Hands and arms must be dry before attempting to don gown and gloves.