Types of forceps
You can access the Forceps and ventouse tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- identify the common indications, prerequisites and contraindications for instrumental delivery
- describe the relative advantages and disadvantages of ventouse cup versus forceps delivery for non-rotational assisted vaginal delivery in varying clinical situations
- describe a safe method of delivery using non-rotational forceps or ventouse cup
- outline the common complications and morbidity associated with assisted vaginal delivery
- discuss methods that may be used to minimise or reduce these risks
- describe the indications, technique and potential complications of rotational forceps and ventouse cup deliveries.