Drug misuse and pregnancy
You can access the Domestic abuse and substance misuse tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- describe the scope of the problem of domestic abuse and the effects on the mother and child
- identify cases of domestic abuse
- take appropriate action when a woman reveals that she is experiencing domestic abuse and source help as required
- describe the scope of the problem of smoking and use of alcohol and other drugs in pregnancy, and the effects on the mother and child
- provide appropriate antenatal and intrapartum care to women who smoke and use alcohol and other drugs
- describe the importance of child safeguarding in relation to domestic abuse and use of alcohol and other drugs
- describe the importance of supportive and coordinated care during pregnancy by a multi-professional team in women with complex social factors.