- Gbemisola David-West (2022)
- Rehan Khan (2022)
Dr Gbemisola David-West MRCOG
Gbemisola graduated in 2012 from Norwich Medical School. During that time, she was awarded a Rotary International Scholarship which she used to obtain a postgraduate diploma in Tropical Medicine and Public Health at James Cook University, Australia. She was the first recipient of the Norwich Medico-Chirurgical Society's Batty Shaw Prize as recognition for her contributions to the Norwich Medical School. She is currently a LTFT ST5 Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Oxford deanery, and became a member of RCOG in 2021. Her enthusiasm for teaching led her to take on the role of Clinical Teaching Fellow in the Nuffield Department of Women’s & Reproductive Health, University of Oxford. Within this role, her focus is on equality, diversity and inclusivity. She aims to contribute towards creating a medical curriculum that is more inclusive, and which brings awareness to the disparities in health outcomes for those from the Black and Minority Ethnic background. Gbemisola is passionate about addressing issues surrounding differential attainment and acts as the representative within Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Thames Valley. She is the secretary of the Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Network (CDIN) within Thames Valley, which seeks to address issues of discrimination, redress the differential attainment gap by ethnicity and promote unity within cultural diversity.
Dr Rehan Khan MRCOG
Rehan is an obstetrician and gynaecologist, and maternal medicine specialist, in the East End of London. He is interested in medical education and health inequalities, and is the RCOG’s first Differential Attainment Advisor.
- Sonji Clarke FRCOG (2022)
- Dr Charlotte Patient, FRCOG (Head of School of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Health Education East of England)
- Dr Bidisha Chatterjee, MRCOG (Trust Doctor O&G, West Suffolk Hospital)
- Dr Gioia Canciani, MRCOG (O&G Trainee, Health Education East of England)
- Dr Ibtisam Salim, MRCOG (O&G Trainee, Health Education East of England)
- Mrs Malini Prasad, FRCOG (Fellows and Members Representative, Race Equality Taskforce RCOG)