There are currently a number of known issues/bugs with the Training ePortfolio which we are working closely with our ePortfolio developer to resolve. Recently deployed fixes are listed below.
Recently deployed fixes
- Team Observation Forms
Process improvements – to ensure that:
- the process is more intuitive
- anonymised TO1 comments are visible to and easily accessible by the trainee and all associated roles (ARCP panel/College Tutor/General Supervisor/etc.) on the TO2
- trainees do not create multiple Self-TO1s in error.
- Pre-2019 Advanced Curriculum Competencies/Supervisor’s Report forms
- Previously only visible to the trainee’s supervisor
- Now visible to the trainee and all other relevant roles, e.g. ARCP panel/College Tutor/General Supervisor/etc
- The addition of permissions to allow trainees to create and edit these forms.
- ESR - supervisor feedback free-text fields
- The "Global Judgement" sections of the Core and SST ESRs have been adjusted to allow for supervisor feedback
- Tick boxes changed to Yes/No radio buttons (mandatory), and comment boxes changed to "Justify your decision" (mandatory).
- Moving assessments/log entries between training posts – it is now possible for RCOG Administrators to move trainee assessments between training posts if they have been incorrectly associated, however, appropriate authorisation is required.
- Assessment requests – automated reminders now go out to assessors one week before assessment request expiry and the ability for trainees to delete assessment requests and manually issue completion reminders has been introduced.
- Disappearing assessment links – we have now rectified an issue where assessment links were disappearing from the Key Skills to which they had been linked.
- Login page “Captcha” – this has now been removed from the site.
- "Full time months towards CCT" trainee profile field – the added ability to enter a decimal place, e.g. 3.5.
- Deanery region configuration – Regional Deanery divides, e.g. South London, South-east Scotland, etc. were incorporated into the ePortfolio system. This will ensure that, where roles such as TPDs and Deanery Admins are regionally-based, only trainees from that specific region will be accessible.
- Curriculum progress bar changes
- The progress bar will now reset after each waypoint, i.e. when trainee moves from ST2 > ST3 and from ST5 > ST6. At this point, the trainee's evidence from the previous stage is archived but still accessible
- Trainee progression between waypoints will be manually indicated by the General Supervisor role (TDP/HoS) through checkboxes when a trainee has completed ST2 then ST5 levels. Once these have been ticked, the progress bars and evidence searches will reset. It will be possible to reverse these selections, in case the checkboxes are ticked in error.
11. Adjustments to profile and training post management – new functionality added to the Training ePortfolio system, to ensure that users’ important personal details such as RCOG registration number and GMC number are kept up to date, and that all users with an RCOG Trainee role have an active training post listed in their profile.