On Wednesday 11 November 2020 we will be deploying a significant development to the curriculum area of the Training ePortfolio.
A summary of the changes to the Curriculum progress bars and key skill evidence links are as follows:
- the progress bar will reset after each waypoint; when trainee moves from ST2 > ST3 and again from ST5 > ST6. At this point, the trainee's evidence from the previous stage is archived but still accessible
- trainee progression between waypoints will be manually indicated by the General Supervisor role (TDP/HoS) through checkboxes when a trainee has completed ST2 then ST5 levels. Once these have been ticked, the progress bars and evidence searches will reset. It will be possible to reverse these selections, in case the checkboxes are ticked in error
- each blue ‘KEY SKILL’ block will be red until evidence is added to that Key Skill, then will turn green once evidence is added.
Full guidance has been developed on how to navigate the new functionality and what it means for trainees and trainers. This can be accessed below:
Action will now be required by Training Programme Directors (TPDs), Heads of Schools or Deanery Administrators, which will need to be discussed and arranged locally. A TPD, Head of School or Deanery Administrator should now manually indicate a trainee’s progression between waypoints:
- immediately, for any trainee in their Deanery that has already crossed a waypoint on the new ePortfolio system
- going forward, when it has been officially agreed that a trainee has progressed to the next stage of training, whether this is following their ARCP, at the point of rotation to ST3 or ST6, or at some time in-between.
If you require any further guidance or would like to share any feedback, please contact the ePortfolio helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org.