1. ePortfolio Deanery group adjustments:
- deanery region and training programme configuration – adding in geographical regions, e.g. Scotland West, London South, etc.
- adding Training Programme or SAS/Non Training Doctor groups, i.e. to distinguish between NTN and non-NTN trainees
- automatic assignment of trainees to relevant Training Programme or SAS/Non Training Doctor groups, based on their listed current training post.
2. Adjustments to profile and training post management – new functionality to ensure that:
- users’ important personal details such as RCOG registration number and GMC number are kept up to date
- all users with an RCOG Trainee role have an active training post listed in their profile.
3. Improvements to TO2 functionality – new functionality in the following areas:
- TO2s signed off as completed by the ES were previously automatically populating with any outstanding TO1 forms from the associated Self-TO1 that were subsequently completed. This should not have been the case. Now, once the trainee’s ES has saved a trainee’s TO2 as final, it will be locked and not automatically update with any additional completed TO1s. RCOG Administrators can manually recalculate TO2s to include additional TO1s if necessary, to cover a situation where an ES mistakenly completes a TO2 before all necessary TO1 forms are completed. Please contact us through ePortfolio@rcog.org.uk if you experience this issue.
- TO2 marked as “Expired” – previously, non-completed TO2s that were more than 28 days old were being incorrectly marked as “Expired”. This has been corrected and TO2s will now not expire. Please contact us through ePortfolio@rcog.org.uk if you experience any further issues with your Team Observation forms.
Next developments to the platform
- Reporting and data export functionality for all users
- Additional functionality for Deanery Administrators
- Training ePortfolio integration with the College’s member database
Current known issues / bugs
- ePortfolio notifications not clearing and displaying completed assessments as incomplete – we are aware of this issue with the ePortfolio notifications and have asked the ePortfolio developers to investigate.
Training ePortfolio guidance
We are currently undertaking a comprehensive review of guidance for users of the Training ePortfolio, to identify gaps and improve the guidance that we offer. If there is guidance missing that you would particularly like to see on the platform, please could you email your suggestions to ePortfolio@rcog.org.uk.