Acute menstrual bleeding
You can access the Gynaecological emergencies tutorial for just £40.00 . UK prices shown, other nationalities may qualify for reduced prices. If this tutorial is part of the member benefit package, Fellows, Members, registered Trainees and Associates should sign in to access the tutorial. Non-members can purchase access to tutorials but also need to sign in first. New users can register here.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand the epidemiology, aetiology, biological behaviour, pathophysiology, clinical characteristics, prognostic features and management of emergency gynaecological problems
- understand the role of ultrasound in the diagnosis and monitoring of women in the emergency gynaecological setting
- perform or instigate appropriate investigations
- perform a comprehensive gynaecological examination
- demonstrate competency in the laparoscopic management in the emergency gynaecology situation and in management of other common gynaecological emergencies
- counsel patients sensitively about their condition and prognosis in the emergency gynaecology setting
- explain the nature, complications and side effects of emergency medical and surgical treatments.